About Opportunity Arkansas
What We Do
Opportunity Arkansas brings together critical education and outreach with technical expertise on project development, review, and due diligence to assist communities in developing projects that create jobs and revitalize our state.
- Convene and deliver education and outreach activities on Opportunity Zones and potential Opportunity Zone projects, and how these can benefit both investors and communities;
- Provide community leaders with technical assistance related to potential Opportunity Zone project development;
- Promote communities and potential projects via our online portal to Qualified Opportunity Funds inside and outside the state of Arkansas;
- Help local governments create a community prospectus to showcase potential projects within Opportunity Zones;
- Assist communities, developers, and others conduct initial diligence reviews of potential projects to determine whether a project meets Opportunity Zone requirements;
- Educate local governments and developers regarding the formation and operation of Qualified Opportunity Funds.
Winrock International is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social, agricultural and environmental issues. Inspired by its namesake, Winthrop Rockefeller, Winrock combines scientific and technical expertise with entrepreneurial innovation to deliver market-based solutions that improve lives around the world. Winrock’s mission is to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources across the globe. For more information, visit www.Winrock.org.
Arkansas Economic Development Commission
The Arkansas Economic Development Commission (AEDC), a division of the Arkansas Department of Commerce, seeks to create economic opportunity by attracting higher-paying jobs, expanding and diversifying local economies in the state, increasing incomes and investment, and generating positive growth throughout The Natural State. Arkansas is a pro-business environment operating leaner, faster and more focused through a streamlined state government designed to act on corporate interests quickly and decisively. For more information, visit www.ArkansasEDC.com.
About Our Funding Organizations
Delta Regional Authority
The Delta Regional Authority (DRA) is a federal-state partnership created by Congress in 2000 to promote and encourage the economic development of the lower Mississippi River Delta and Alabama Black Belt. DRA invests in projects supporting transportation infrastructure, basic public infrastructure, workforce training, and business development. DRA’s mission is to help create jobs, build communities, and improve the lives of those who reside in the 252 counties and parishes of the eight-state region. For more information, visit www.dra.gov.
Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation
Governor Winthrop Rockefeller’s commitment, courage, and collaboration created systemic change in Arkansas. This is the legacy the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation (WRF) was founded on more than 45 years ago and the inspiration for AR Equity 2025. WRF envisions an equitable Arkansas in which all Arkansans have jobs that pay a livable wage, a quality education, and the chance to thrive and prosper. For more information about WRF, visit www.wrfoundation.org.